We are huge proponents of DIY beauty around here. In addition to the money-saving possibilities, there is something downright thrilling about taking a big, gloppy handful of something edible and smearing it all over your face, body or hair. That’s why I was thrilled to discover MakeYourCosmetics.com, a great resource for at-home beauty mavens. Despite the name, these recipes are not limited to cosmetics alone; in fact, there are eight different categories.
- Handmade Soap
- Body Balms, Oils, Creams & Lotions
- Bath Soaks, Salts, Scrubs & Powders
- Natural Homekeeping
- Facial & Lip Care
- Hand, Foot & Hair Care
- Baby & Mommy-to-Be
While some of the recipes are much more involved than others, there are definitely lots of easy ones to keep you occupied right off the bat. Check out this Honey Pumpkin Spread, which can serve as a skin softener or, you know…an actual spread.
- Start with 5 tbsp canned pumpkin. Mix with 1 tsp honey and 1 tbsp softened butter to create a paste.
- Spread over your face and neck. Wait 15 minutes; rinse.
- Spread any leftovers onto warm biscuits or dinner rolls. Eat.