As much as you might like to spend $30 on a designer brand eyeliner, for most of us, it’s just not an option. But that doesn’t mean you have to sacrifice quality! If you know what to look for, you can find a drug store lipgloss, mascara, or blush that you’ll love just as much as the department store brand. In fact, since you’ll be saving so much money, you’ll probably love it more! Here’s our breakdown of the best makeup to buy for your budget.
- Revlon ColorStay $10 All across the internet, this classic makeup is reviewed as being on par with brands like Mac and Laura Mercier. It is oil-free, fragrance-free, provides just the right amount of coverage, and really lasts the whole day. Acne-prone users say it hasn’t caused them to break out. There are plenty of different shades with different undertones to choose from, so you’re sure to find a color to match you.
- Almay Clear Complexion Concealer Stick and Treatment Gel $9.99 This concealer has two ends. One is a cream concealer stick, the other is a spot treatment so you can conceal and treat blemishes at the same time. We like this concealer because the thick formula is perfect for hiding blemishes or red marks, and the treatment isn’t built into the concealer so you can still use this on your under-eyes and other sensitive areas without worrying about the acne treatment causing irritation.
- Physicians Formula Gentle Cover Cream Concealer $5.49If you prefer more of a liquid concealer, this is your best bet. We love Physician’s Formula because they take extra care to make sure their products are non-irritating and non-comedogenic. This gentle concealer is a thicker liquid so it will stay put but won’t get cakey when placed under your eyes or over a blemish.
- CoverGirl Cheekers Blush $4.79 We love Cheekers because it comes in 15 super natural shades and adds just the right amount of color. It goes on softly, but it easy to layer for more of a pop. We particularly love the ”pretty peach” color, which seems to look great on everyone.
- NYX Doll Eye Mascara $4 (Lengthening) This mascara will. not. clump! It’s super lengthening and doesn’t get flaky and leave you with watery itchy eyes.
- CoverGirl Lash Blast Mascara $4.55 (Volumizing) This mascara gives the illusion that you have about a third more lashes than you do. Apply it by using a side to side motion for the best results. Oh, and it lengthens too!
- Maybelline Lasting Drama by Eye Studio Gel Liner $6.94 Ladies, if you’re still using your pencil or liquid eyeliner and haven’t tried gel, stop what your doing and head to CVS to get this liner. Bobbi Brown makes basically the same thing, but this is about a quarter of the price. Gel gives you the dramatic, long lasting look of liquid liner with the control of an eyeliner pencil. Plus, it’s blendable, so you can go over it with a smudge brush to give a softer look or layer it on thick for more drama.
- NYX Cosmetics 10 Color Eye Shadow Palette in Smokey Eyes $9.07 This palette will last forever, all the shades look good on everyone (who doesn’t look good in a smokey eye?), and the color really stays, especially if you use a primer. If you only can afford one eye shadow, buy this palette. You can create looks that are more brown or more grey for variety, but honestly no one gets tired of a classic smokey eye. If you don’t like the smokey eye look, NYX makes a ton of other 10-shade palettes in brighter colors too.